- Equity and the Developing World in Internet Governance: The workshop, co-hosted by the Centre for Communication Governance at the National Law University, Delhi, and the Digital Asia Hub, Hong Kong, addressed four core themes: (1) Equity as increased access and meaningful participation for actors from the developing world. (2) Spaces where claims to equity can be made: ITU,ICANN and WSIS. But also constituent bodies, associated working groups/committees, regional and national level governance mechanisms. (3) Processes that should be more equitable – plenary meetings, multistakeholder consultations, expert networks and implementation programs. (4) Barriers to equity and meaningful participation- funding, capacity, representation and gender. The video is available here.
- Dangerous Speech Online: Identification and Strategies: Online hate speech is an ongoing and serious concern for Internet stakeholders. The complex tangle of issues include its implications for disempowered groups, Internet enabled anonymity, its cross-border nature and the effects of regulation on freedom of expression. The roundtable, co-organized by by the the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, the Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University, Delhi, the Dangerous Speech Project, the Digital Asia Hub, and the Digital Rights Foundation, Pakistan, discussed comparative experiences with hate speech, especially online, from around the world with a focus on South Asia. The video is available here.
Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is a multistakeholder, democratic and transparent forum which facilitates discussions on public policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance. IGF provides enabling platform for discussions among all stakeholders in the Internet governance ecosystem, including all entities accredited by the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), as well as other institutions and individuals with proven expertise and experience in all matters related to Internet governance.
If you are interested in collaborating with Digital Asia Hub to host an event, or inviting its Executive Director as a speaker, please email Julianne Chan(email@example.com).
- [RSVP] Launch: The Next Digital Decade – Policy Approaches from Asia (September 23 & 30) - September 14, 2021
- Mobile Ecosystems: Opportunities and Challenges in the Asia-Pacific region - June 9, 2021
- Small Books for Big Platforms – Mobile Ecosystems - June 9, 2021