We are thrilled to invite you to an evening of provocation and play, as part of our ongoing work on AI in Asia.
When? 6:30pm, Saturday, 12 January
Where? Mettā, 21/F, California Tower, 30-32 D’Aquilar Street, Central, Hong Kong
We have an amazing line-up of global experts to riff on all things AI, ethics and culture, followed by the launch of ‘Drones and Dreams: A Speculative Sprint Story Collection’.
- Rumman Chowdhury, Global Lead for Responsible AI, Accenture Applied Intelligence, quantitative social scientist, practicing data scientist & AI developer, named in the BBC’s 100 Women for 2017 & the Bay Area’s 40 under 40 list;
- Payal Arora, Author of ‘Dot Com Mantra: Social Computing in the Central Himalayas,’ ‘The Leisure Commons’ (Winner of the EUR Fellowship Award), and the upcoming ‘The Next Billion Users: Digital Life beyond the West’;
- Momin Malik, postdoctoral data scientist at the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University, with a PhD in Societal Computing from Carnegie Mellon, alongside a Master’s in Machine Learning, where his dissertation considered forms of bias in social media and mobile phone sensor data.
Click here to register.
This evening reception will help to mainstream and play with some of the ideas from a more academic/technical conference on Fairness, Accountability and Transparency (FAT/Asia). Click here for the agenda and to register.
Do join us at one or both events!
Latest posts by DAH Staff (see all)
- Invitation: AI Futures + Drones and Dreams – Jan 12, Hong Kong - January 7, 2019
- Publications - December 10, 2018
- Disinformation and Discourse: Rebuilding Trust in Institutions, Platforms, and Civic Spaces - August 22, 2018