Digital Asia Hub is looking for a producer to help bring to life our first podcast on technology and society in Asia, Spoke, which will focus exclusively on the Social Credit System in China for season 1. We are looking for someone who has the requisite sound production chops and vision to help compellingly tell the complex story of social credit scores and technology as narrated by co-hosts, Dev Lewis and Shazeda Ahmed, who have been conducting research on this subject in China.
- Creative vision: work with co-hosts to map out episodes and effectively shape a compelling story arc,
- Direction & editing: working on all aspects of the audio production, including editing, music, episode distribution, and mandarin-english audio dubbing,
- Must have previous experience with podcast production, familiarity with policy/technology/China is a big plus.
We are flexible about location for the right candidate.
Interested? please email Dev Lewis with a brief statement of interest and any past related work.
About the project: This podcast, co-hosted by Dev Lewis, Research Fellow, DAH, and Shazeda Ahmed, PhD candidate, UC Berkley, will share diverse perspectives on the use of credit scores and technology in the implementation of the Social Credit System in China today, including the voices of local officials, entrepreneurs, and experts. The goal is to tell the on-the-ground stories from China, and to create a more nuanced understanding of a complex and evolving ecosystem.
Digital Asia Hub is an internet and society think tank based in Hong Kong. The Digital Asia Hub is an independent, non-profit Internet and society research think tank based in Hong Kong, led by an Executive Director, Management Board, and Steering Committee. Incubated by The Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University and a diverse group of academic, civil society, and private sector partners, the Hub provides a non-partisan, open, and collaborative platform for research, knowledge sharing and capacity building related to Internet and Society issues with a focus on digital Asia.
- [RSVP] Launch: The Next Digital Decade – Policy Approaches from Asia (September 23 & 30) - September 14, 2021
- Mobile Ecosystems: Opportunities and Challenges in the Asia-Pacific region - June 9, 2021
- Small Books for Big Platforms – Mobile Ecosystems - June 9, 2021